Apple announced the newest version of its iOS operating system at her maiden WWDC conference which held earlier this month in San Jose, California. Yesterday, the Big-A have officially released the Beta version of the upcoming iOS 12.
At the WWDC 2018 event, Apple announced some features of the iOS 12. They include:
- Photos app (Search functionality) update
- Support for third-party navigation apps on CarPlay
- Group FaceTime
- Grouping of notifications by App
- Improved performance, especially on older devices
- New Measure App: which allows iPhone users measure objects and distances in augmented reality.
- Screen Time: allows you see how long you have used your device.
- Enhanced Do Not Disturb
- Animoji and Memoji support in FaceTime.
- Siri shortcut incorporation into third-party apps
The iOS 12 comes with majority of features which iPhone users have clamoured for over the years. The release of a beta version of the OS signals that Apple really has users at heart. More important is the fact that the iOS 12 will be able to run on almost all previous and new Apple devices.
See the list of devices that will support the iOS 12:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2nd generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st generation
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6th generation
Do you own any of the above device(s)? And would love to try out the above features before the final version (of the iOS 12) is finally released? Well, the process is easy.
All that is required of you to do is be a member of the Apple Public Beta Program. If you aren’t, sign up on the Apple Public Beta Program page and instructions on how to update your device to the iOS 12 will be shared to you.